Friday, January 29, 2010

You all are welcome

I dream ....
I dream of having a green house of my own since many many years! So one night i dream about my green house with hybrid roses, gerberas, exotic vegetables, baby corns, cherry tomatoes etc. I nuture them from morning and toil in my green house throughout the day.....and when ripe pick them carefully, wrap them and sell them and exchange all this with crisp notes...Wow!!! Hardwork but it pays. Apart from the physical labour one has to ensure that birds and other insects are kept out of the greenhouse, the humidity set right and water given in the right proportion. When you get such good returns you have to take care of all this and be a bit selfish...its a part of the game. So what, the world does it...and so do I !!!!.

I roll over to the other side as i sleep and continue my dream....a sparrow accidentally enters the shed and is pecking at some flower....the watchman rather my helper immediately runs to shoo it off....as the shed is closed from all sides the sparrow cant fly out...its scared now, but somehow gets a chance to fly out....How irritating this little beast is..i say....(is it me saying this???). I feel relived that the plant is safe now....

Some butterflies find their way in this green house once they are done hopping from one flower to the other they want to fly away but the shed net does not allow them to, they fly back and forth but hit the net and as they cant come out they die eventually....they deserve it..i say (is it me saying this again??) who asked them to come.....???

A flock of sheep graze around in summer near the green house....its barren outside and lush green inside....they can just peep inside and envy....now they come to have the cream , its my hardwork i say all can't do this..(is it me again?????) a slight tinge of pride in my tone and with a trace of selfishness i imagine myself to a businessman in a true sense because my income means a lot, its hard work and so much sweat!!!!

I roll over again and think is this me???? Talking about big gains and big returns??? Ya one needs it, but at what cost??? And does one really need so much????Somebody comes to my doorstep and I shoo it off??? The sparrow trapped inside, actually it had full right to nibble on what ever it wanted..how much could that little one nibble??? Could it hamper my returns???? It had a small beak how much could it take??? The butterfly could suck a drop of honey and could have flown away happily, why had it to die suffocating???? The sheep could just nod their heads seeing the greens and then be happy with the browns outside????

WHY??? WHY is it like this??? Why is this world so selfish. How much do personal gains and false egos matter??? Remembered the story of Alexander....His last words before his death, "Bury my body, do not build any monument keep my hands outside so that the world knows the person who conquered the world had nothing in his hands when dying"
Its morning, I wake up....sit by the window side and think....Is it worth all this????

The green house, the butterflies, the sparrow, the sheep are all illustrations.....this all is our life...we all have so many relations some blood related some more than that. We knowingly/unknowingly take all this for granted. As we near the pinnacle of our achievement we have left scars on the near and dear ones.....how blinded we become when selfishness, ego and big returns are our priority.

I decide...i buy a small piece of land and plant the most beautiful tress for the sparrows, flowers for the butterflies and fruits for the sheep in abundance and invite all these and more at my place...this pleasure will pay me more than the swelling of my bank balance. I might be wrong as a businessman but still feel this is right because i want to remain a mere human first. Its my dream and i shall follow it!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful ! The last para conveys my feelings in totality. More than the monetary gains - i will get much more pleasure looking at the "birds and the bees" so to say. Even on my balcony when i see birds - my heart lifts up with joy. Hey ! girl - you've given me something to write about I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very true. All of us are selfish initially, but always miss the larger picture and true and permanent pleasures in life.

    Very neatly done SWLily , waiting for your next thought.

    Keep it up......!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pun, for a moment i thought how can u b lik this.but i m happy now{aft reading the last part).your dream is so beautiful i think im dreaming it.when ever u turn it in to a reality count on me.beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  4. dreams n reality r 2 different things.
    but ur heart is so pure.
    i restrict myself to read one post each day.u have very few days to post the next one,it is becoming an addiction.

    ReplyDelete